You may have thought about online legal aid services if you currently need or previously need legal assistance for your company. Online legal assistance is quick, economical, and most importantly, convenient—essential when you require an immediate legal response.
One of the top websites for small business legal assistance is Incfile. Small business owners can employ an enrolled agent, file business taxes, register with Incfile for free (simply pay federal filing fees), and more. View all of Incfile’s offerings, costs, and recommended products.
Incfile: Do You Know…
Incfile is an online provider of legal services that aids in the formation of business entities, the filing of compliance paperwork, and tax filing for small business owners. The Services are designed for the state or states where your company conducts business. No long-term contracts or retainers are required because Incfile charges a flat, one-time fee for its services. Incfile is renowned for its assistance with business registration. More than 250,000 businesses have been serviced by Incfile since its founding in 200. The staff at Incfile is knowledgeable about the filing procedures for Washington and all 50 states.
You can get a wide range of legal assistance from Incfile, including:
- Due Diligence: Before your business can begin operations, you must ensure that your business name is available and that you have all the local information. , state and federal licenses you need. Incfile performs a company availability check and license search.
- Business Notices: Form an S corporation or C corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or nonprofit corporation. Incfile prepares your filing documents and sends them to the state.
- Registered Agent: Incfile acts as a registered agent and receives official emails and legal documents on your behalf. The new business documents include one year of free registered agent service.
- File Your Business Taxes: Incfile connects you with a tax professional to help you file your small business taxes. Self-employed and owners of other transit units can also declare individual tax through Incfile. You can also elect S corporation taxation through Incfile.
- Compliance Incfile guides your business on compliance matters such as applying for an EIN and submitting an annual report to the business.
- Company Changes: If your company gets a new registered agent, changes its name or other information, Incfile can help you file the necessary documents.
Trademark Registration: Although Incfile is not too active in the field of intellectual property, they do offer trademark registration services.
- Certificate of Good Standing: Sometimes lenders, investors or government agencies will ask your company to show proof of good standing. Incfile can help you get a certificate of good standing from the government.
- In addition to these services, Incfile also has a lot of useful information for business startups. For example, they publish entity notification status processing times and host a tool to calculate compliance deadlines.
Compared to other online legal services, Incfile offers one of the best values for forming a business entity. Their starting prices start at $0 plus government fees for the entry level silver plan, up to $1
9 plus government fees for the mid-level gold plan, and $299 plus government fees for the top platinum plan. LegalZoom, Incfile’s close competitor, starts business startup packages at $79 plus government fees, making Incfile much more affordable. Learn more about Incfile vs. LegalZoom to decide which is right for you.
Remember that the exact amount charged for various services depends on the state or states in which you do business. For example, California has a habit of charging high state fees so that you pay more for certain legal services. business in California.
No matter where your business is located, Incfile pays a fraction of the cost of an in-house attorney. For example, creating a California LLC in Incfile would only cost $75 and an Incfile fee of $0, and a California filing fee of $75 and $
1. when you select their silver package at checkout. In contrast, a startup attorney charges $500 to $1,000 to set up an LLC.
Using an online legal aid site instead of a lawyer also opens up more risks for you. If you have a complicated legal situation, only a qualified lawyer can give you legal advice. Legal services such as Incfile expressly state that they are not lawyers or law firms. A lawyer’s experience with local, state and federal laws can be critical in certain situations.